Monday, October 14, 2013

Raynauds...Or something.

Hello dear friends. Yes, I am on my psych rotation which has nothing do with Raynauds ( a condition where your fingers turn various shades of blue, white, red due to vasoconstriction brought on by cold temperatures, stress etc.)

I do however, have a friend who shall not be named who had an awesome encounter with Raynauds and I wish I would've been there. Don't worry I have permission to blog about this on their behalf. 16yo girl presents with dusky fingers and not feeling well at school. Her mom brings her in and they go through family history, other relative symptoms, all that good stuff. Friend who shall not be named is convinced this girl has Raynaud Disease, and mom is convinced too.

In walks Mr. Preceptor who looks the patient up and down, barely even speaks to her and goes to the drawer and starts looking for something. Pulls out an alcohol wipe, swipes it over her fingers and says, "you haven't washed those jeans yet have you." It's a miracle, she was cured! :)

Ahhh yes the ever so common dark denim wash vs. Raynauds on the differential diagnosis. So trendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment