Monday, February 17, 2014

Laughter is the Best Medicine.

So, in medicine you hear the most ridiculous things imaginable. Sometimes from patients, sometimes from co-workers, and shoot sometimes from yourself. All of us in healthcare are kind of messed up with a pretty weird sense of humor. I figured I would make this a regular thing and post some of the hilarious things I hear during the day. Because yes, some of them are so good I write them down. This is not meant to be disrespectful at all, just to add a little humor to an otherwise very stressful career. And hey, at the end of the day if you can't laugh about the little things, you just aren't doing it right.

Just a few to get ya started...

"Buncha clowns up there in Washington fighting like dogs over a bone." (Veteran)

"I looked at her with her big, fat butt and thought you aren't gonna hurt me." (pt describing fight with daughter)

Patient: "I'm meeting with a dietician and she wants me to use that fake sugar in the pink packet. But when I put that in my coffee I can tell my sugar drops out so I have eat a dozen donuts. Seriously, the other day I felt my sugar drop and ate a large bag of cheese popcorn and a box of nutter buddies and that fixed it." (Diabetes 101)

"I don't think she has a UTI, I think her G-spot is infected. You know it makes fluid and that fluid gets shot back up in there." (Boyfriend telling me what is wrong with his gf)

"After you took care of the hemorrhoid it looked like 2-pac got shot up in there." (Nurse to doc)


No comments:

Post a Comment