Monday, February 17, 2014

Med Students.

Let's be honest, as PA students when we hear we are going to be paired with a med student on a rotation we get a little nervous. At least I do. I always worry (shocking) that they will know so much more than I do, or I will look stupid 24/7. In all reality, I have loved my time working with med students. They have a wealth of knowledge and we can really learn a lot from them. Although we are all trained in the same medical model, their didactic years are much more in-depth than ours whereas our education seems to be more clinical and patient based (just my opinion). Sometimes I feel like we are more comfortable around the patients, whereas they are more comfortable academically in terms of discussing the latest and greatest treatments, forming crazy differentials with diseases I have never heard of etc. Bottom line: we make a good team. And isn't that the whole point anyways? I have been with a med student my entire Family Med rotation and I learned so much from him and her! So thanks Chris and Lauren if you ever read this :)

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! I am a PA student graduating this August, which is crazy, awesome, and scary! I love the few blogposts I have read, and I would love to follow your blog, but I can't figure out how. D you have to add me? alicia.lewan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete