Monday, February 17, 2014

New Home, New City

With my new rotation came a new home and a new city. We are now living in Carmel, IN and words cannot describe how happy I am. I am FINALLY living with Adam which is so much fun. We can now do normal married things together like let the laundry pile up for weeks, go to the grocery store together, make new meals, try new restaurants, sleep in on Sundays without the pressure of knowing Adam has to leave. It is simply wonderful. And hilarious. We've never lived together so if I thought I knew him well before I was mistaken. Why does he leave piles of clothes behind the bathroom door? Why does he insist on buying orange juice that is so expensive we could buy 2 jugs of the other kind? Why does he watch shows with the volume up so loud I'm getting hearing loss?  He cracks me up.

With a new home comes new visitors!! We have had such a great time with friends and family coming to visit. My mom, dad, brother and Ali came for dad's birthday, Adam's parents came this weekend, our KY friends came a couple weeks ago and I just love it. Entertaining and opening your home to others is just the best. Not to mention that means champagne and treats so I'm all for that.

Exploring Carmel and all its little quaint shops has also been fun. We have been to a ton of restaurants and have our new fav pizza place (Boom Bozz), our go-to quick meal spot (Zoup!), our swanky spot (divvy), our sushi spot (Kona Grill), brunch spot (Patachou) and our laid back/bar/awesome food/can watch sports spot (Matt the Millers). Basically we have just been eating. I don't hate it.

Treats at Cooper's Hawk Winery.

No comments:

Post a Comment