Sunday, August 25, 2013

Fashion Police

Okay, how many of you wake up in the morning and think to yourself, "Gosh you know what would go great with this outfit? A great pair of chunky leather clogs." No? You don't do that? Probably because big black chunky leather clogs do not look nice with anything....ever.  I vowed to myself that I would never personally own a pair of Danskos. Guess what I am the new proud owner of? Yep, those heinous Danskos. And guess what else I'm going to be the proud owner of? A not broken back and feet that I can walk on.

I still stand by the fact that the shoes are atrociously ugly and ruin all my outfits, BUT I wore them for one day in the OR and my back already didn't hurt. They are kind of hard to break in, meaning they are literally hard material. I understand why everyone in medicine wears them....standing for hours and hours takes a toll on your body. I don't think I can justify wearing them in an office setting at this point (I'm sure I will eventually, they are carving out a soft spot in my heart), but for ER and OR they are a must have folks. Invest in the darn things already and invest in your back as well. Hey, you can even get them brand new on eBay. AND...rumor has it Steph Smiy from www.whitecoatwardrobe.com will doing a Dansko giveaway soon!

Until then, just imagine me parading through some hospital in these. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment