Saturday, July 27, 2013

Women's Health Wrap Up

Well, that went by quickly. Women's Health is over. Came back for End of Clerkship (EOC) lectures and exams. Feels good to have my first Exam Master test under my belt. These exams are just ruthless. You know it's bad when you only have to get a 60% to pass and anything above that makes you jump for joy and scream to the heavens with excitement. Just rude.

Anyways, I actually loved Women's Health a lot more than I anticipated....other than the OB aspect. Just not for me. The precious angel babies that come into this world are darling and adorable but the process of getting them here just....isn't. I need to mentally recover from some of those images. The GYN primary care aspect of Women's Health is more my pace. Don't worry there is much more to it than speculum exams....every woman's worst nightmare. We actually did a lot of primary care such as TSH, routine labs, cholesterol, health maintenance etc. I like the idea of being in a "specialty" that is also geared towards preventive care and working with women. Having your patients feel comfortable with you and talk to you about things they don't feel like they can say to anyone else is pretty rewarding.

Next Up....Surgery. I made a deal with a friend that every day I can make it without contaminating myself I get a treat from Dairy Queen. Surgery is also terrifying to me and to be honest I'm glad its one of my first rotations so I can get it over with, know that I can handle it, and then hopefully put that chapter, and its ridiculous attire and rules about touching things, behind me. <<<world's biggest run on sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment